Engineering Design Talk Moves
Taken from: https://teachscience4all.org/2014/11/05/engineering-design-talk-moves/
- Initiating conversation:
- Can you tell me about your design? How did you come up with this idea?
- Examining materials and tools:
- Why did you pick this material? What will you use for _______? What other materials might you try?
- Getting unstuck:
- Does this idea seem to be working? What else could you try? What is working well here? What do you notice others trying? How do you think you could solve this problem?
- Maintaining stamina:
- How could you make this even better? If you could use any materials to build this all over again, what would you use and why? If you had more time, what would you do next?
- Increasing effective collaboration:
- How did your group decide on this? Have you heard from everyone in your group? What could you do to work together more successfully? Does everyone agree with this idea?