ASFS Grab & Go Library Books
Arlington Science Focus ES – Grab & Go – Library Book Pick Up
- Location – Front door of ASFS
- With the return of hybrid students to the building, the ASFS Library Grab and Go will permanently change to
- Date and Times – Mondays only. Mondays 12:00 – 1:00pm and 3:30-4:30pm
- We are working out how we will deliver library books to hybrid students on days they are in the school building. Please continue to place holds on library books.
- If you can’t come please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The “hold” books will be returned to the shelves if they are not picked up by the next week.
- All book requests must be made by Thursday night – they will be ready for pick up on Monday afternoon.
- Please be aware: Returned books will be quarantined for 7 days, cleaned and then checked in. This means the books will remain on your child’s library account one week after being returned.
EXAMPLE: Library book Holds – This example shows what happens over a 3 week period of time (Sept.21- Oct. 5)
- A student puts 3 books on hold. (Book A, Book B and Book C)
- Mr. McGuire pulls those books off of the library bookshelves.
- He checks the 3 books out to the student. The books leave the hold list and go to the student’s checkout list.
- He puts the books in a bag labeled with student’s name for pickup on Monday.
- Student picks up the 3 books (Book A, Book B and Book C) on Monday. (An example: 9/21)
- During the week the student can put 3 more books on hold (Book D, Book E and Book F) for pick up on Monday (9/28)
- Mr. McGuire will do steps 2-4. Now it will look like the student has 6 books checked out! (Book A, Book B, Book C, Book D, Book E and Book F)
- Student returns the 3 books (Book A, Book B and Book C) and picks up the new 3 books (Book D, Book E and Book F) (Example: 9/28)
- Now this next part is confusing, we have to quarantine the returned books (Book A, Book B and Book C) for 7 days. So you will continue to have 6 books checked out.
- During the week the student can put 3 more books (Book G, Book H, Book I) on hold for pick up (For this example: 10/5).
- Mr. McGuire will do steps 2-4. It might look like the student has 9 books checked out until Mr. McGuire checks in the 3 returned books. 9 books= 3 books are at home (Book D, Book E and Book F), 3 books in the quarantine return bin(Book A, Book B and Book C) and 3 books waiting in a bag for pick up (Book G, Book H and Book I) on 10/5
- END of example
How do I get books? You can log into the library catalog and place holds on up to 3 specific print book titles by Thursday evening each week. Here is a “how to” video to walk you through the steps.Check the library account before coming to pick up on Monday. If the books you put on hold are available for pick up, they will be on your list of checkouts. (see example below)If you change your mind or can’t come to pick up your holds please email Mr. McGuire email@example.com
This student has put 3 books on hold
A few hours later…Clicking on Holds shows 2 of the books are waiting to be pulled off of the shelf for pick up.
Clicking on Checkouts shows 1 of the books is ready for Grab & Go Library pick up.
How do I pick up the books?
- Tell the adult working your first and last name. We will have the books organized in bags by last name.
How do I return books?
- Returns can be brought to the front of the school on Monday afternoons or Thursdays and placed in the bin labeled “Library Returns.” Please return the library books within 1 week if possible, but no later than 2 weeks. Returned books will be quarantined for 7 days, cleaned and then checked in. This means the books will remain on your child’s library account one week after being returned.
- Questions please email Mr. McGuire firstname.lastname@example.org