Bus information is sent to families directly from Arlington Public Schools Department of Transportation during the end of August. All bus information, including bus stops and times, will be posted on ParentVue.
As part of our serious commitment to environmentally-positive living and learning, ASFS strongly promotes approaching getting to school differently and works closely with Arlington Transportation Partners. This information is provided to all Explorers, young and young-at-heart, to help ensure safe and reliable ways to get to school while significantly considering environmental impact and health.
- APS Commuter Benefits: APS employee commuter benefits webpage
- APS Safe Routes to School: National program that works to make it safer and easier for students to walk or bike to school
- Arlington Transportation Partners: Arlington County Commuter Services’ Business-to-Business Transportation Consultants
- BikeArlington: Resources to encourage more bicycle riding, including maps and education classes
- Car Free Near Me: Personalized transportation planning web app
- Commuter Connections Ride Matching: APS staff portal for ride matching and Guaranteed Ride Home
- Commuter Direct: Helps you buy transit tickets and passes and have them delivered to your door
- Commuter Page: Information about transportation options for the Washington, D.C. area, including commuterrail (MARC and VRE), Metro bus and rail, local bus systems and more
- Multimodal Planning Maps: Multimodal Planning Maps are designed to assist families in planning safe routes to school
- Vanpool Connect: Program to assist staff in joining or creating a vanpool
- WalkArlington: Resources to help get more people walking, more of the time School Quick GlanceAPS Transportation
Transportation Policies & PIPs